For the second April in a row, New England Patriots players and alumni will visit the Naval War College in Newport, RI.
Naval Station Newport’s Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Department will host a New England Patriots Play 60 Event from 12 pm to 7 pm on Saturday, April 29th at Nimitz Football Field on the base. This event is only open to active duty personnel, retirees, reservists, eligible family members, DoD civilians and contractors with base access.
From 2 pm to 5 pm, New England Patriot Long Snapper and Naval Officer Joe Cardona and other Patriots players and alumni will host a Patriots Football and Cheer clinic. This clinic is open to children 5-14 years old of active duty personnel, retirees, reservists, and DoD civilians.
The day will also include a tailgate party from 12 pm to 2 pm where MWR will be selling food and drinks, guests will have the opportunity to enjoy join free carnival and lawn games and make their own game day signs. Starting at 12 pm, the event will be broadcasting day three of the NFL draft on a tv or two.
This is a free event and each participant will receive an event t-shirt, but children must have pre-registered by Friday, April 21st.
Current Patriots players, alumni and cheerleaders led a Football For You clinic at Naval Station Newport in Newport, R.I. on April 21 2016, guiding children of servicemen and women through offensive and defensive skill stations. The event celebrated the Month of the Military Child.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits