Today we take a look at two Vermont breweries that can be found often down here at The Wharf Pub.
Long Trail Brewing Company
Inspired by the hiking trail in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont, Long Trail has been producing craft beer since 1989. Starting with their first beer Long Trail ale that but craft beer on the map just in Vermont to start, Long Trail has done a huge variety of beers from their flagship to their small batches such as their Farmhouse series to barrel aging some of their favorite classic brews. You can catch most of their beers year round but most of their limited stuff just at the brewery in Vermont.
Here is what we have available currently at The Wharf Pub:
Long Trail Limbo (available year round) – Limbo started out at Long Trail as one of their pilot batches and they quickly realized this one was a hit and made it year round. One of our best sellers at the pub, This IPA is extremely easy drinking with it’s grapefruit notes and slight bitterness that is made with Australian and Pacific Northwest Hops.
Long Trail Green Blaze (available year round) – After that long hike- Green Blaze will warm you right up. With Mosaic and Equinox hops that give the beer a resin, pine and tropical fruit notes.
Otter Creek Brewing Company
Bought out by the owners of Long Trail brewing back in 2002, Otter Creek proudly shares ownership with the Shed Breweries as well. Ran by brew master Mike Gerhart, Otter Creek has over six fermenters and 30,000 barrels in one facility being able to produced and ship our beer throughout the Northeast and Mid-atlantic. Otter Creek takes pride in caring about their environment too. With producing so much beer, any hops/yeast they don’t use are donated to local farmers in Vermont as well as spent grains to feed local cows on farms.
Available now at the Wharf Pub from Otter Creek:
Otter Creek Backseat Berner – Named after the Brew master’s dog Oslo (Bersene) Backseat Berner is their year round IPA loaded with juicy hops.
Coming soon to the Wharf Pub:
Otter Creek Citra Mantra IPL – Their first India Pale Lager (not to be confused with IPA) is single-hopped with Citra Hops and fermented with Lager yeast and Pilsner malts
Otter Creek Orange Dream (Summer 2017) – Orange Dream was first experimented at the Extreme Beer Festival in 2016, Orange Dream ill be making its debut this summer. Made with freshly pressed orange juice and Madagascar vanilla beans, We are really excited for this beer!
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour