Here is what’s happening for road work, closures and detours in and around Newport, RI this week.
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Department Of Transportation: 4/1-4/7
Newport: In order to accommodate construction work at the Newport Transportation and Visitors Center, motorists will experience a right lane closure on America’s Cup Ave., from Gladys Carr Bolhouse Rd. to West Marlborough St., through June 2017. RIPTA has designated temporary bus stop locations along America’s Cup Avenue since the Visitors’ Center boarding area will be closed for the duration of the project. For more information, please visit https://www.ripta.com/newport-gateway-center
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority: 4/2-4/8
Newport Pell Bridge – Westbound Right Lane Closure- 4/3 to 4/5- 7 am to 3 pm Eastbound Right Lane Closure- 4/3 to 4/7- 9 am to 3 pm
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge – Westbound Right Lane Closure -4/3 to 4/7 – 7 am to 3 pm
Route 138 Connector – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 connector.
Mount Hope Bridge – Northbound Lane Closures-4/4 to 4/6 – 9 am to 3 pm Overnight: Northbound Rolling Lane Closures-4/4 to 4/6 – 9 pm to 5 am Southbound Rolling Lane Closures-4/4 to 4/6 – 9 pm to 5 am
Sakonnet River Bridge – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge On March 20, 2017 the Rhode Island Department of Transportation will begin demolition of the former Sakonnet River Bridge which will affect traffic on the new Sakonnet River Bridge.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend