The City of Newport has announced that a section of The Cliff Walk will be closed for approximately four weeks.
The City of Newport’s Cliff Walk contractor, New England Building and Bridge (NEBB) will begin work on Monday, March 28, 2017, on the Cliff Walk just north of Ruggles Avenue.
The Cliff Walk will be closed 24-hours a day just north of Ruggles Avenue starting Tuesday, March 28, 2017, at 7:00 am for approximately four (4) weeks.
We anticipate approximately 250 feet of path immediately north of Ruggles Avenue being closed as the contractor works in this area to install a new concrete walking surface, rip-rap, concrete retaining wall, and drainage improvements.
Pedestrians will be detoured around the closed area utilizing Shepard Avenue, Ochre Point Avenue, and Ruggles Avenue sidewalks. Access to the Cliff Walk south of Ruggles Avenue will remain open and may be accessed directly from Ruggles Avenue. The Cliff Walk will be open north of Shepard Avenue up to the closed section of the path approximately 250 feet north of Ruggles Avenue.
See the subject work area, Location #28, on the attached plan. Work on other locations along the Cliff Walk will commence after Location #28 is substantially completed.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record