Dennis “Denny” Arthur Shea, age 75, passed away on Saturday, January 21, 2017 at the Newport Hospital. A native Newporter, he was the son of the late Dennis J. Shea and Elizabeth “Mae” (Morris) Shea.
He is survived by his wife, Arlene (Park) Shea, two daughters Karen and husband Randy Pribbernow and Christine and husband Todd Tesseo, grandchildren, Marie, Claire, Quinn, and Kiley, and several cousins.
Dennis worked at the NUWC for 31 years, retiring in 1997 to focus on his own business, D.A.S. Sound Systems. He took pride in ensuring that his clients were heard, seen, and protected.
Dennis is remembered for his dedication to his work, attention to detail, penchant for problem solving, “blues” work uniform, and quiet love of his family.
Calling hours will be held on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 from 4:00 to 7:00pm at O’Neill-Hayes Funeral Home, 465 Spring Street, Newport.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:00 am, Thursday, January 26, 2017 at St. Joseph’s Church followed by burial at St. Columba Cemetery, Brown’s Lane in Middletown.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Building Fund or St. Vincent de Paul at St. Joseph’s Church, 5 Mann Avenue, Newport, RI 02840.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts