With hundreds of thousands of hibernating daffodils getting ready for their coming out party this spring, Daffodillion has announced plans for its 4th Annual Newport Daffodil Days Festival, one that promises to be bigger and daffier than ever.
Featuring nine days of fun, free, family activities throughout Newport, the Festival allows visitors to revel in Mother Nature’s beauty while “going daffy” at twenty different events, beginning on Saturday, April 15 with the Preservation Society of Newport County’s 28th annual Easter Egg Hunt & Brunch on Rosecliff’s oceanfront lawn followed by the Festival’s Opening Ceremonies at 2pm on Saturday, April 15 at Bannister and Bowen’s Wharves in downtown Newport.
Other Festival highlights, all free, include:
- Dabbling & Doodling the Daffys on Newport’s famed Cliff Walk
- A Daffy Doggie Parade and award ceremony
- A special newportFILM Earth Day film screening in an elegant daffodil garden
- Daffodil Delights private garden tours
- The first annual Sidewalk Parade with costumes, music and dance
- The Tour de Jonquilles Bike Ride
- The Driving Miss Daffodil Car Rally & Classic Car Display
“Daffodillion has now donated and helped plant over 680,000 daffodil bulbs as part of its all-volunteer, city beautification effort,” said Project Director John Hirschboeck. “The hard work of planting in the fall yields a bounty of beauty each April. The Festival is our celebration of spring, enticing winter weary tourists and local residents to emerge from hibernation and “go daffy.”