Salve Regina University will host a TEDx university event on March 25, 2017 and is now seeking proposals from prospective speakers.
Launched in 2009, TEDx is program of locally organized events that bring the community together to share a TED-like experience. Some of the best talks from TEDx events have gone on to be featured on TED.com and garnered millions of views from audiences across the globe. TEDx events feature short, carefully prepared talks, demonstrations and performances that are idea-focused, cover a wide range of subjects and provoke conversations that matter.
Students, faculty and staff, along with members of the general public, are all welcome to submit proposals for TEDxSalveReginaU. Applications are due Monday, Dec. 5.
TEDxSalveReginaU is scheduled for Saturday, March 25, 2017 and will be held in the DiStefano Lecture Hall.
“We are aiming for people who have new informative ideas, compelling arguments or theories, new research or breakthroughs, or unusual problems and solutions,” Araz Khajarian ’18 told SALVEtoday, who is organizing the event.
Newport was recently host to its inaugural TEDxNewport event on Saturday, November 5th at the historic Jane Pickens Theater.
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million