The City of Newport, Department of Planning, has launched a website where users can understand the implications of flooding and learn how to protect themselves, their homes and businesses before, during, and after a flood.
The City of Newport, Department of Planning is dedicated to the safety of all residents and infrastructure. Understanding flooding and being able to protect yourself and your home and business before, during, and after a flood is the purpose of this website. On this website we are providing sources for information to prepare your home or workplace, develop an emergency communications plan, and know what to do when a flood is approaching your home or business. Taking action today can save your life and property tomorrow.
The website provides homeowners and businesses a place to get information on the Flood Insurance Program, flood maps, links to Library documents and more; get evacuation maps and information as well as learn how to prepare for a flood; get real-time information on tides, water levels and signup for emergency notifications and get an elevation certificate for your property.
For more information, visit http://engagenewport.com/floodprotection/.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health
- Obituary: Grace Elaine Kinnunen