The 6th Annual Citizens Bank Pell Bridge Run is scheduled for this weekend, the race is set to kick off at 7:15 a.m. on Sunday, October 23rd.
The Citizens Bank Pell Bride Run is a 4 mile run/walk that serves as a major fundraiser for dozens of local charities each year. This race, which has a max capacity of 4,000 participants, is hosted by the Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority and managed by Gray Matter Marketing.
The race starts on Conanicus Ave. at the base of the Pell Bridge in Jamestown. All runners will park in Newport and be shuttled to the start line.
The Newport/Pell Bridge Run will not be shut down on race day.
Athletes will cross the Pell Bridge in the east bound lane while the bridge will remain open for two-way traffic traveling in the two west bound lanes. Slight delays can be expected on the bridge from 5:30 a.m. thru 9:00 a.m. Small parts of East Shore and Canonicus Roads in Jamestown will be closed from 7:00-7:45 a.m. on race day. In Downtown Newport, small portions of Farewell St. and America’s Cup Avenue will be closed from 7:00-9:00 a.m.
Small parts of East Shore and Canonicus Roads in Jamestown will be closed from 7:00-7:45 a.m. on race day. In Downtown Newport, small portions of Farewell St. and America’s Cup Avenue will be closed from 7:00-9:00 a.m.
Runners must complete the 4 mile course in an hour and 20 minutes. All participants must be off the bridge by 8:15 a.m.
For more information on the Citizens Bank Pell Bridge Run, visit www.pellbridgerun.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools