Most of you are aware of the terrible fire in Middletown on Monday, Sept. 5th. Seven year old Ramon Arroyo died from injuries sustained during the fire. Two sisters were injured in the fire:16 year old sister Cheyanne was treated and released from Newport Hospital. 14 year old Leilaney is critically ill at Hasbro Children’s Hospital.
- Donations of cash, gift cards, clothing and household goods are being accepted at the MLK Community Center Mon – Fri8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Please make checks payable to Ramon’s mother, Banghy Morales. (Do not makes checks payable to the MLK Center.)
- Gift cards in any amount are needed to help the family replace possessions lost in the fire.
- EVERY gift of cash, gift cards, clothing or household goods will go directly to the Arroyo/Morales family.
- The MLK Community Center will deliver all donations directly to the family. No fees will be deducted from your gift; 100% of your generosity will help the Arroyo/Morales family.
- Because the MLK Center is only facilitating and distributing donations, your gifts are not tax deductible.
Ramon learning about science
Ramon enjoying a treat
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson