Sarah Fimple is the Beverage Manager of The Wharf Pub in Newport, this is her weekly column on craft beer
Here at the Wharf Pub one of our main focuses is Craft Beer from New England. The most common question we get asked is “What’s local?” Over the past year, Rhode Island has opened many new breweries, giving people more options, and more fun. Here are 6 local breweries (most of what we offer) and what we recommend at the Wharf Pub.
1 – Grey Sail Autumn Winds (Westerly, RI)
Oktoberfest style lager made with five premium German malts, Hallertau and Saaz hops. Caramel and malt finish. Available on the Porch for fall.
Brewery & Taproom located in Westerly, RI. Hours of operation are Wed-Fri 4-7 and Saturday & Sunday 12-8 and 12-5.
2 – Long Live Beerworks Coarse Grind (Providence, RI)
Brand new to the Pub we welcome Long Live Beer works Coarse Grind. They’re stout brewed with Dave’s Espresso Coffee Blend.
Brewery located in the West Side of Providence, RI. Tap room open Weds-Sunday.
3 – Newport Storm LocALE (Newport, RI)
Newport Storm’s newest beer is a Saison brewed with local Aquidneck Honey adding a touch of sweetness. Drink local!
Brewery located right here in Newport, RI. Opened for tours and tastings every day except Tuesdays.
4 – Whalers Brewing Hazelnut Stout (Wakefield, RI)
Now on draft from Whaler’s is they’re Hazelnut Stout to get you in the mood for fall. Brewed with real Hazelnut Coffee, with lingering dark chocolate and coffee notes.
Brewery located in Wakefield, RI. The tasting room is open Thursday-Sunday.
5 – Foolproof Brewing Vanilla Barstool Golden Ale on Nitro (Pawtucket, RI)
American Golden Ale brewed with American and Czech style hops finishing light and crisp to enjoy for hours on end.
Brewery located in Pawtucket, RI. Tours and tastings are Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
6 – Tilted Barn Brewery (Exeter, RI)
Currently only available at they brewery, But too good not to mention!
Rhode Island’s first farm brewery, grab a tasting or a pint and explore the ingredients that go fresh into your beer. Hit the barn Friday’s 5-8 or Saturday’s 1-4.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts