Festival Fete is returning to The City By The Sea August 27th and 28th to host its second Newport Art Festival of 2016.
The two day art festival is free to attend and will be hosted in the Lobster Bar parking lot down on Bowen’s Wharf from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
Overlooking a spectacular view of the harbor and all its activity, it will be a perfect weekend to stroll and shop the unique booths of over 20 local artisans, artists, crafters, painters, jewelers and more.
In a What’sUpNewp story (Newport Is Feeling Artsy) done back on June 24, 2016, Jillian Tullgren wrote about the early summer event and the background of the festival;
Since 2012, Festival Fete has been owned and operated by the hands of Pilar Colliflower, a lover of all things ‘crafty’. Often times, when you see Pilar she will be adorned with some sort of artistic and unique accessory: earrings hand made from sea glass, or a bracelet created from embossed leather. It’s no surprise that most of the items she wears are made by the vendors that are featured at Art Fest.
The goal of Art Fest is to support local artists, without them having to carry the overhead of a brick and mortar business. While the company is still young, the growth of Festival Fete is evident and the opportunities for larger, or even long term, festivals are in the near future. Pilar has a mailing list of over 10,000 vendors, and as more artists emerge, the list continues to grow. Whether it is yogic inspired jewelry by OMstack, or home furnishings made from up cycled license plates, there is sure to be something that you will fall in love with.
For updates on the event throughout the weekend, visit Newport Late Summer Art Fest on Facebook.
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic