Prospero Pacheco Alexander, 86, of Atria Aquidneck Place and formerly of 312 Water St. Portsmouth passed away peacefully Friday, July 22, 2016. Born Nov. 3, 1929, he was the son of the late Jose and Maria C. (Farias) Alexander.
He leaves three children; Stephen Alexander and his wife Catherine of Portsmouth, RI, Beth Ethier and her husband Bill of Portsmouth, RI and David Alexander of Clifton Park, NY. He is also survived by his seven grandchildren, Caroline, Matthew, Ryan and Emma Alexander and Sarah, Zachary, Jill Ethier and two nieces, Marsha McElroy and Susan Desrosiers.
He was proceded in death in 1968 by his wife Ann McCarthy Alexander RN and his sister Amelia Tibeiro.
Calling hours will be held Tuesday evening from 6:30PM to 8:30PM in the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 10:00 AM in St. Barnabas Church 1697 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI. Burial will be Private.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation RI & MA Chapter, 220 North Main Street, Suite 104, Natick, MA 01760 .
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances