Claire (Humes) Ernsberger, 77, of Newport, died Thursday June 30th, 2016.
Mrs Ernsberger was an avid volunteer in the community. She was a member of the Point Association of Newport, RI, Friends of the Newport Public Library, and PEO Chapter D–RI. She had also been a member of Trinity Church Alter Guild, the Newport Yacht Club, the Newport Preservation Society, and volunteered throughout her lifetime for organizations too numerous to list.
She is survived by her three children, Evan Ernsberger of Norman, OK, Nicole Cook of Atlanta, GA, and Alexa Dull of Rhinebeck, NY, her two siblings, Harry Humes of Milford, DE, and Ruth Folta of Maryville, TN, and her nine grandchildren.
Calling hours will be held on July 5, 2016 from 2-3pm in the Hambly Funeral Home, “Brick House”, 30 Red Cross Ave, Newport, RI, followed by a funeral service at 3 pm and a reception.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to PEO Chapter D–RI Scholarship Fund, 220 Island Drive, Middletown, RI 02842, in care of Carol Pembrook, or the Point Association of Newport, RI, PO Box 491, Newport, RI 02840.
More from What's Up Newp
- Dashboard Confessional bringing “Unplugged 2021 Tour” to Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Nov. 13th
- School Approaching and Mental Health First Aid Classes to be held at Elks Newport
- What Sold: 31 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (July 25 – 31)
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke