Four historic Newport Houses of Worship – Touro Synagogue, Trinity Episcopal, Newport Congregational, and St. Mary’s Catholic have announced that the second season of their cooperative walking tour, “4Faiths, 4Landmarks”, will begin on July 3, continuing through Labor Day weekend, September 4. Tours will all meet at the John Loeb Visitors Center at Touro , starting Sundays at 11am and Tuesdays at 1 PM. They last about three hours.
In one short stroll down one street, in four splendid buildings with four beautiful interiors, the story of Newport’s extraordinary role in America’s journey towards religious freedom and social tolerance is told, along with tales of Presidents, Queens, great artists and important architects, as well as the histories of four faith communities’ struggles to establish themselves in a New World.
At all four sites representatives from that institution will serve as guides before escorting each group to their next stop. The tour concludes at St. Mary’s and features historical footage and music from the wedding of John and Jackie Kennedy.
Prices are $28 for adults, $20 for those six to twenty-one, and discounts for groups are available. Tickets can be bought at the Newport Visitors center and at the Pilot House found on Bowen’s Wharf. They are also available at www.4faiths.org along with much more information. Telephone: 401/290-7535.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup