Jonathan Kerry Dixon, 53, of Middletown died Monday, June 13, 2016 at Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI.
Jonathan worked for the Maher Center and NUWC. He loved to paint and listen to music. At the Special Olympics he excelled at the standing long jump. For the past ten years Jonathan has thrived through his association with Looking Upwards. Jonathan also enjoyed his many activities at the Maher Center.
Jonathan is survived by his three sisters, Diane Mueller and her husband Josef of St. George, Switzerland, Nancy Fanala of Westerly, RI, and Roberta Dixon and her husband Toomas Allik of Alexandria, VA, his nieces, Tanya, Kari, Robin, Nicole and Bethany, his nephews, Brian and Mark, and several grandnieces and grandnephews.
Calling hours will be held on Thursday, June 16, 2016, from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm in Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport, RI.
Burial will be in Middletown Cemetery at a later date.
Donations in Jonathan’s name may be made to Looking Upwards, Inc., 438 East Main Road, Middletown, RI 02842 and the James L. Maher Center, 120 Hillside Avenue Newport, RI 02840.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21