Bradley P. Barlow, 89, of Middletown died Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at his home. Bradley was born March 16, 1927 in Weymouth, Massachusetts, the son of the late Earle H. and Sarah (Peckham) Barlow. He was married to the late Emily (Schwarz) Barlow.
Bradley did missionary work with his wife in Africa, Haiti, and Mexico. They also traveled extensively in the United States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Costa Rica. Bradley was active in the Boy Scouts, taught Sunday school, and was a member of the Quahog Chapter of the New England Family Campers’ Association and the Town Howlers Square Dance Club.
He is survived by his children, David Barlow of Landis, NC, Bethany Bosold of Reading, PA Pamela Vandermark of Cape May, NJ, and Timothy Barlow of Middletown, RI, eight grandchildren, Glenn Bradley, Katie and Brent Barlow, Alyssa Bosold, Joshua, Jacob and Jillian Vandermark, and Hannah Barlow, and great grandchildren, Alicia, Rebecka and Bradley Wayne Barlow. He is also survived by one sister: Bette Bump of Kingston, MA.
Bradley was predeceased by his wife; his brother, E. Berkley Barlow, and sisters, Beverly Feitner and Barbara Gardiner.
His funeral will be held on Thursday, July 7 at Hambly Funeral Home, 30 Red Cross Avenue, Newport, RI with calling hours from 4:00-6:00pm followed by a funeral service at 6:00pm with Rev. Dr. Ronald Bernier officiating. Burial with military honors will be on Friday, July 8 at 10:00am in Middletown Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to Master Builder Ministries, Operation Christmas Child, 397 Bay Street, Fall River, MA 02724, to support the annual shoebox drive.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13