Mayor Jeanne-Marie Napolitano’s husband, Jack Napalitano, died on Thursday afternoon after a short bout with cancer.
Mayor Napolitano came to Newport in 1968 to marry her husband, Jack, a life-long resident of Newport. They have four children, three sons and a daughter, who are graduates of the Newport School System. They also have 4 grandchildren.
Jack Napolitano was a well-known financial services professional, he was the Owner & Principal of Newport County Financial Associates. 2016 marked his 45 year in business.
He is the author of one book and is the former host of Smart Money on WADK 1540 AM.
Jack was a member of the Middletown Rotary Club, Newport County Chamber of Commerce, Rhode Island Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, and Wanumetonomy Country Club. He is a trustee of the CCRI Foundation and was a registered representative.
Mayor Jeanne-Marie Napolitano announced back on June 8th that she would be seeking re-election on the Newport City Council this November.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson