The following items of business, filed with the City Clerk under the Rules of the Council, will come before the Council at its regular meeting to be held onJune 22, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. at Newport City Hall.
For more info, updates and links, visit HERE.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
(Speakers must sign in with the City Clerk).The Citizen’s Forum period shall be no longer than fifteen minutes, and citizens may addressthe Council onone subject only and for no longer than three minutes. Issues to be discussed shall not include matters to be considered or discussed as part of the regular council agenda and must be related to substantive city business.No comments regarding personnel or job performance are allowed.
COUNCIL LIAISON UPDATES
1.PUBLIC HEARING:Recommended 2016-2017 Operating Budget
- Memorandumfrom the Finance Director, re:Proposed Amendments
- b.General Fund ReplacementSchedule
- OrdinanceAppropriating Revenues for FY2016-2017 (Second Reading with adoption to be held on June 22, 2016)
- OrdinanceAmending Title 3, Personnel (Second Reading with adoption to be held on June 22, 2016)
- OrdinanceAmending Chapters 13.12.010 and 13.12.040 to increase the Sewer Rate to $17.00 per 1,000 gallons of metered water consumption (Second Reading with adoption to be held on June 22, 2016)
- Resolution, re:Omnibus Property Tax Relief & Replacement Act
- Resolutionauthorizing the Tax Levy
- BudgetChangesSubsequent to Release of Proposed FY2017 Budget Changes Received at March 23, 2016 Council Meeting
- i.Calculationof Property Tax Levy and Tax Rate
- Revised Recommended CIPSchedule
- FY 2017 Amended General FundRevenues
- FY 2017 Amended General FundExpenditures
- FY 2017 Parking FacilitiesBudget
- n.FY 2017 Maritime FundBudget
- o.FY 2017 Equipment Operations FundBudget
- FY 2017 Water Pollution Control FundBudget
- FY 2017 Water Fund Memo andBudget
(THE CONSENT CALENDAR IS APPROVED IN ITS ENTIRETY UNLESS THE COUNCIL REMOVES AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION.ALL LICENSES ARE GRANTED SUBJECT TO COMPLIANCE WITH ORDINANCES #31-80 AND #98-40.)
- Minutes of the meetings heldApril 27, 2016 andMay 11, 2016 (Approve)
- Special Event Licenses:
1)NewportOutfitters, d/b/a Ten Speed Spokes-Longest Day of the Year Ride, 18 Elm St.; June 23, 2016, streets of Newport, (route attached) from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
2)FestivalFete-PilarBrenner, d/b/a Newport Art Show, Landing/Lobster Bar Bowens Wharf; June 25 & 26, 2016 from10:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
3)TheBodhiSpa, d/b/a One Year Thank You Party, 654 Thames St.; June 28, 2016 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
4)NewportFilm, Inc., d/b/a/newportFILMOutdoors, various locations and times throughout the city (details attached); 6/30/16, 7/7/16, 7/21/16, 7/28/16, 8/4/16, 8/6/16, 8/11/16, 8/18/16, 9/1/16
5)FortAdams Trust, d/b/a Public Clambake, Fort Adams State Park; July 1, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
6)IslandMoving Company, d/b/aNuitBlanche Summer Gala, The Elms; July 8, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
7)St. Johnthe Evangelist Church, d/b/a Music on the Lawn, 61 Poplar St.; 7/12/2016, 7/21/2016, 8/18/2016, and 9/1/2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
8)IslandMoving Company, d/b/a Great Friends Dance Festival, Great Friends Meeting House; July 14-17, 2016 and July 19-23, 2016 from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
9)ThePotterLeague, d/b/a Summer Fundraiser-Yappy Hour, 670 Bellevue Ave.; July 17, 2016 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
10)NewportArt Museum, d/b/a Wet Paint, Newport Art Museum; August 13, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and August 14, 2016 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
11)NewportHistorical Society, d/b/a Colonial Newport Living History Event, Washington Square,PerottiPark, Colony House and Wanton-Lyman Hazard House; August 27, 2016 from noon to 5:00 p.m.
12)TurningAround Ministries, d/b/a 2016 TAM Walk, beginning and ending at Emmanuel Church; September 10, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
13)NewportCounty Community Mental Health Center, d/b/a NCCMHC’s 8thAnnual “Tour de Newport” Bike-a-thon; beginning and ending at Roger’s High School; September 25, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
14)Communicationfrom Rhode Races & Events, re:Request to change the date of the previously approved Newport Rhode Race from April 16, 2017 to April 15, 2017 (Approve subject to details being worked out with City Administration)
15)NewportFestivals Foundation, Inc., d/b/a Newport Folk Festival 2017, Fort Adams State Park; July 28, 29 & 30, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
16)NewportFestivals Foundation, Inc., d/b/a Newport Jazz Festival 2017, Fort Adams State Park; August 4-6, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Waste Hauler License,Renewals:
- ABC Disposal Service, 1245 Shawmut Ave., New Bedford, MA
- EZ Disposal Service West, LLC, 20 Railroad St., Revere, MA
- GoulinTrucking, 28 Graham Ave., Warwick, RI
- GulfeagleSupply, 2900 East 7thAve., Tampa, FL
- Island Rubbish Service, Inc., 8 Swinburne St., Jamestown, RI
- M & M Disposal, Inc., 46 Sloan Pike, Johnston, RI
- PasquazziBros, Inc./Heather Construction Corp., 454 Dyer Ave., Cranston, RI
- Patriot Disposal Inc., 2208 Plainfield Pike, Johnston, RI
- RamboneDisposal Service, Inc., 2153 R. Plainfield Pike, Johnston, RI
- RPKK, Inc., P.O. Box 126 Wood River Junction, RI
- Holiday Selling License,Renewals:
- Newport Outfitters, Inc., d/b/a TenSpeedSpokes, 18 Elm St.
- SandraGainesa/k/a Shana, d/b/a Vintage to Vogue, 489 Thames St.
- rue21Inc., d/b/a rue21, 199 Connell Highway Space 7
- Second-hand License,Renewals:
- Sandra Gaines a/k/a Shana, Vintage to Vogue, 489 Thames St.
- Grenon’sof Newport, LLC, d/b/aGrenon’sofNewport, 210 Bellevue Ave.
- HolidaySellingLicense, New, Nell L.Soper, d/b/aMonelle, 17 Bowen’s Wharf
- Holiday SellingLicense, New, Patrick F. Murphy, d/b/aTheKings Lens, 435 Thames St. 1N
- h.Bicycle RentalAgency, New, Newport Outfitters,,d/b/aTen Speed Spokes, 18 Elm St.
- i.Food ConcessionLicense, Seasonal, Flat Waves Catering,CardinesField (Left Field)
- Communicationfrom Rhode Island State Planning Council, re:Notice of Public Hearings, “Water Quality 2015” (Receive)
- Communication from Division of Public Utilities and Carriers, re:Notice of Public Hearing-Application for Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity filed bySeastreak, LLC (Receive)
LICENSES & PERMITS
- VictualingLicense, New Owner, K & K Food Mart, Inc., d/b/a K & K Food Martino, 10 Connell Highway
- VictualingLicense, New, 1989 YDY, Inc., d/b/a 1989, 190A Thames St.
- VictualingLicense, Expansion, TLC Enterprises, LLC, d/b/aLorusso’sCafé,580Thames St. to expand itsvictualinglicense into 580 Thames St. Unit 3 adding 30 additional seats indoors
- Sidewalk Café,Renewal,Fitzsimoes, LLC, d/b/a Corner Café, 110 Broadway
- Applicationfor an Entertainment License, Expansion, 2paddyandacanuck, LLC, d/b/a The Fifth Element, 107-111 Broadway, to expand the Class A (indoor) hours from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (Second Hearing)
COMMUNICATIONS AND PETITIONS
- Communicationfrom Newport Prevention Coalition, re:Requesting permission to fund a 20% local match for the Student Assistance Position in the Newport School System (with accompanying resolution)
9.APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
Newport Housing Authority-Reappointment of CharlesLoranjo
Note:Vacancies currently or soon will exist on the following Boards and Commissions:
Accessibility Advisory Committee, Ad Hoc Committee on Waste Water and Storm Water Improvements, Affirmative Action Commission, Beach Commission, Charter Review Commission, Finance Review Committee, Harbor Walk Commission, Historic Cemetery Advisory Commission, Historic District Commission, Hospitality Commission, Tree and Open Space Commission, Zoning Board
- Approvingthe appointment of Christopher Behan as City Solicitor and his appointments for Assistant Solicitor for Civil Litigation and Assistant Solicitor for Law Enforcement
- Developmentand implementation of a Storm Water Management Fee- N. Neville, L.Ceglie, J.Florez
- AmendingChapter 10.24 of the Codified Ordinances, entitled “Parking Restrictions on Specific Streets,” Sections 10.24.030 and 10.24.050 to change three spaces from 2 hour limit to 30 minute limit on Mill Street (Second Reading)- Continued from June 8, 2016
- AmendingChapter 13.12.015 of the Codified Ordinances, entitled, “CSO Fixed Charge” (First Reading)
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
- Action#5537/16 re: Award of Bid–Phase I Roof Replacement–Buildings A, B, C, & D – Rogers High School(w/accompanying resolution)-Continued from June 8, 2016
- Action#5544/16 re: Award of Bid – Heavy Duty Tandem Dual WheelPintleTrailer (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5545/16 re: Transfer from Council Contingency and Approval of Funding for Newport Open Space Partnership (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5546/16 re: Amendment #1 – Contract # 14-024-City Advisor forDBO Contract for WPC System (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5547/16 re: Award of Bid –CardinesField Pole Mounted Netting (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5548/16 re: Change Order – Award of Bid # 16-022 – Hunter Tennis Court Restoration and ADA Improvements (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5549/16 re: City Clerk Office Renovation Furniture and Installation- Bid Award – Change Order #1(w/accompanying resolution)
ADJOURN AS COUNCIL AND CONVENE AS BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
- Daily Liquor Licenses, Class F:
- a.FortAdams Trust, d/b/a Public Clambake, Fort Adams State Park;July 1, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- IslandMoving Company, d/b/a Great Friends Dance Festival,Great Friends Meeting House; July 14-17, 2016 and July 19-23, 2016 from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- St. Johnthe Evangelist Church, d/b/a Music on the Lawn, 61 Poplar St.; 7/12/2016, 7/21/2016, 8/18/2016, and 9/1/2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- d.NewportArt Museum, d/b/a Wet Paint, Newport Art Museum; August 13, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and August 14, 2016 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.