There’s still time to take advantage of the great local discount for Newport Jazz Festival® tickets. Head to the Newport Visitors Information Center, 23 America’s Cup Avenue, by Monday, July 4, to get the best bang for your buck by purchasing $60 General Admission tickets for concerts at Fort Adams State Park on Saturday, July 30, and Sunday, July 31. This special discount for local residents and visitors to Newport is not available on-line.
Beginning Tuesday, July 5, single-day tickets for Saturday and Sunday will be $79 in advance and then $89 on festival days, if available.
The Newport Festivals Foundation, Inc.’s local ticket and information office, located at 770 Aquidneck Avenue in Middletown, opens on July 5. Office hours are Tuesday through Friday, Noon – 6:00 pm, and Saturday, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. The office accepts cash, checks and all major credit cards.
Tickets will be available at the local office for all Newport Jazz Festival events, while supplies last, including the Friday opening night concert at the International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino.
The following Newport Jazz Festival tickets will be sold at both the Foundation’s local office and the Visitors Information Center while supplies last:
- General Admission single and multi-day tickets for concerts at Fort Adams
- $45 General Admission tickets to Friday at Fort Adams
- $20 Student tickets for concerts at the Fort. High school students older than 15 and college students must use the Student Gate and present valid ID to enter the festival. Students without valid ID will be directed to the Box Office to pay the difference of a General Admission ticket.
All single and multiple-day tickets can be purchased on-line at www.newportjazzfest.org and www.ticketmaster.com. To charge by phone, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-8000. Services charges apply for all on-line and telephone purchases.
Log on to www.discovernewport.org for Newport Visitors Information Center office hours.
The 2016 Newport Jazz Festival takes place July 29-31 at Fort Adams State Park and the International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino. Artists include Norah Jones, Chick Corea Trilogy with Christian McBride and Brian Blade, Gregory Porter, Angélique Kidjo; Kamasi Washington, John Scofield/Joe Lovano Quartet; Darcy James Argue’s Secret Society; Charles Lloyd New Quartet; Robert Glasper Experiment; Tierney Sutton; Django Festival All Stars; Kenny Barron Trio; Yosvany Terry Quintet; Toshiko Akiyoshi; Steve Coleman and Five Elements; Galactic, Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah; José James; Kneebody, The Hot Sardines, Anat Cohen and many others.
For the complete line-up and more information, visit, www.newportjazzfest.org or call the Newport Festivals Foundation hotline at (401) 848-5055.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune