Jazz music and Newport, they go together like “peas and carrots”.
Bonnie Gomes, President of 3G Broadcasting, announced earlier this week on The Open Forum with Ryan Belmore that WADK 1540 AM would be rolling out new weekend programming on the station beginning on Saturday, April 30th.
Listen To The Announcement
WADK 1540 AM has been Newport’s Hometown Information Station since 1948 and has a long history of playing jazz music and broadcasting the Newport Jazz Festival, the new weekend lineup sees jazz music return on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 6pm to “Newport’s original home for jazz music”.
Starting on International Jazz Day (April 30th), Steve Conti, Bobb Angel and Doug Woolverton will bring you the best and most interesting jazz music and interviews that you can find on 1540 AM.
New Weekend Lineup
- 7AM-7:30AM ABC’s World News This Week
- 7:30-8:30AM Senior Safe Money Strategies with Bill Kelly
- 8:30-9AM Christian Science Sentinel
- 9AM-10AM Dining Out with Bruce Newbury
- 10AM-6PM Jazz
- 7AM-8AM Art & Company
- 8AM-9AM The Irish Hour with Rick Kelly
- 10AM – 6PM Jazz kicks off with Sunday Swingtime hosted by Bobb Angel
WADK 1540 AM can be listened to on 1540 AM on the radio dial, streamed on wadk.com and on the Tune-In Radio App.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill