What’sUpNewp has learned that Janet Fatulli, well-known for Fatulli’s Bakery & Deli, will open a new concept and location at 476 Thames Street in Newport, RI.
The space was formerly operated by Mokka Coffeehouse before they moved to 469 Thames Street on Spring Wharf.
Kirby Commercial has confirmed that Janet Fatulli has rented the upstairs / downstairs spaces that are currently available at The Courtyard on Thames and to “look for grand opening of her new exciting concept.”
Janet Fatulli operated Fatulli’s Bakery & Deli in Middletown and was neighbors of Newport Vineyards for 17 years before Newport Vineyards announced the addition of Fatulli’s Bakery & Deli to its family, as part of a multi-million dollar expansion to the winery, on March 5, 2015.
Janet Fatulli and her team continued to operate the cafe after the reopening and until it recently closed.
“This is a story of two successful businesses! Over the years, Fatulli’s bakery and take out catering business has grown to be a huge success. With the successful changes at Newport Vineyards and the increased lunch business it made sense to split off the bakery and some of the take out catering items while continuing to focus on lunch and private events. We will continue to work with Fatulli’s in the future for various items and cakes. Janet makes the best cakes! Her numerous awards are the proof!,” John Nunes Owner of Newport Vineyards told What’sUpNewp.
“In mid-May, Newport Vineyards will be re-opening the space as the “Vineyard Café” focusing on daytime dining with a “farm to vineyard” menu. We will continue to offer a selection of hardy soups, salads and one of kind sandwiches – served both on-site and for take-out!,” Nunes said.
Fatulli’s Bakery & Deli become a stake in the local community of Middletown by offering homemade soups, specialty salads, sandwiches, pies, pastries, cookies, as well as wedding cakes, prepared items, catering and more.
This story will be updated when more information is received.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck