Coming to Newport on Saturday, March 12th for the 60th Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade and not sure where to park?
The parade will being at 11:00 a.m. on Broadway in front of Newport City Hall and make it’s way down to the Fifth Ward, traffic will be congested and parking will be limited from 9am to 3pm.
It is strongly recommended that if you are in Newport on Saturday, that you avoid driving along the parade route – Broadway, Washington Square, Thames Street and America’s Cup.
In addition to the many private parking lots throughout downtown Newport, the City operates several public parking lots in Newport.
Likely Places To Find Available Public Parking:
- The Gateway Visitors Center, located at 23 America’s Cup Ave. The garage and parking lot accommodate 484 vehicles. (Newport Police Department recommends this lot)
- The Mary St. Parking lot is located in downtown Newport between Lower Mary St. and lower Church St. Number of Parking Spaces: 118 (Newport Police Department recommends this lot)
- Long Wharf Lot, a small lot (thirty five spaces) located on Long Wharf near the Newport Yacht Club.
- Touro Court Lot, a small parking lot (32 spaces) accessible from Clarke St. (off Touro St.)
Note: This map is to show you the location of the public parking lots, DO NOT follow the “key” on this map. Where parking is available on the map does not represent what will be available this weekend.
Parking is prohibited on the following streets from 5:00AM to 3:00PM.
All vehicles parked in restricted areas will be towed: No parking along parade route.
- Broadway from Cranston/Equality Park West to Washington Square
- Equality Park Place and Equality Park West
- Dr. Marcus F. Wheatland Blvd. (West side)
- Bull St. at Spring St.
- Spring St At Bull St.
- Washington Sq. from Broadway to Thames St.
- Thames St. from America’s Cup Ave. to Morton Ave.
- Carroll Ave. from Morton Ave. to Harrison Ave.
- Both sides of America’s Cup at the Gateway Center Narragansett Ave between Spring St and Bellevue Avenue.
Of course if you plan on drinking on Saturday, please be responsible and arrange transportation, call a taxi or use UBER. What’sUpNewp strongly encourages and asks you not to drink and drive.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup