The Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade is arguably one of the busiest days of the year in Newport, and there’s no secret that our city needs a pick-me-up when the crowds go home.
For the 6th year in a row, Brick Alley Pub will once again host their Annual Post-Parade Day Clean-Up!
The cleanup will be held the morning after the 60th Annual Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Sunday March 13th, 2016 from 9:00am to 11:30am.
“While a great time for all, Parade Day leaves our beloved Newport in need of a little TLC. Over the last couple of years volunteers have collected well over 600lbs of trash the morning following the Parade!” – Matt Plumb, Brick Alley Pub
Those who are interested in helping the Brick Alley Pub team and other volunteers help clean up Newport, can commit to as much or as little time as they have available. The crew of volunteers will meet at 9:00 a.m. at Brick Alley Pub and will wrap up around 11:30 a.m.
Everyone that volunteers to help with this effort will receive a $10 gift certificate to Brick Alley Pub.
Brick Alley Pub will provide all the necessary supplies (gloves, trash bags, sweepers, etc.) – you just need to bring yourself and a friend or two! For any students needing some community service hours this is a great way fulfill.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free