On December 16th, Preservation Society of Newport County CEO & Executive Director Trudy Coxe announced that residents of the City of Newport will continue to receive free admission to the Newport Mansions for calendar year 2016, extending an offer that began last June in celebration of the Preservation Society’s 70th anniversary.
On “The Open Forum with Ryan Belmore” on 1540 AM WADK Newport on Monday, Coxe announced that the Preservation Society Of Newport County will host Newport County Days on January 10th and 11th. You can listen to the entire hour-long interview HERE.
Any resident is welcome to take any regular tour just by showing proof of residency in Newport County (Jamestown, Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton or Little Compton) at the ticket station at any one of the Preservation Society’s properties.
Proof of residency can be a driver’s license, motor vehicle registration, passport, other photo id, utility bill, or any similar document that shows name and address. To take advantage of this offer, each adult must show proof of City of Newport residency. Identification is not required for children, but children must be escorted by an adult.
For more detailed information about the free admission for Newport residents in 2016, as well as the operating schedule for each house, please visit Preservation Society Extends Free Admission for Newport Residents Through 2016.
Photo: The Breakers via The Preservation Society of Newport County
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13