While its nothing new for Blue Rocks Market to be closed during the winter, What’sUpNewp has learned that the popular deli and market will not reopen when the spring arrives.
Ownership will continue to operate Blue Rocks Catering but after seven years they will not continue to operate Blue Rocks Market and will rent out the Carroll Avenue space in 2016.
Back on August 26th, we brought you the news that Blue Rocks Market Will Close Down Early This Season Due to Lack of Help. At that time, a spokesperson for Blue Rocks Market did tell us that they expected to reopen in April of 2016.
In 2014, Blue Rocks Market closed around October 19th for the season and reopened in early May of 2015.
Blue Rocks Market’s Facebook Page, which they’ve used to announce their early closure in 2015 has been deleted or unpublished, their recorded as “permanently closed” on Google and their phone number is now out of service.
This story will be updated as more information is received.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now