Photo credit: lubbockmissionchurch.org
At 2 pm on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26, 2015, Sandywoods Center For The Arts in Tiverton, RI will host its fourth annual free Thanksgiving community dinner.
The event is open to the public and they will be serving Turkey with the Fixings, and will also include a Vegetarian Main Course.
Sandywoods invites the community to “bring yourself, your family and your friends”. Musicians are invited and encouraged to bring their instruments and take to the Sandywoods stage.
While not necessary, if you are able to, please bring along a side dish, dessert, or beverages to share.
If you are unable to attend, but would like to donate towards the success of this community event, you are invited to donate food, or make a financial contribution towards the cost of the free dinner.
Most of the food preparation and cooking will be done on Wednesday, the 25th, in the Sandywoods Incubator Kitchen. If you would like to help out on that date, please contact them via email or the phone numbers above.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits