Photo credit: lubbockmissionchurch.org
At 2 pm on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26, 2015, Sandywoods Center For The Arts in Tiverton, RI will host its fourth annual free Thanksgiving community dinner.
The event is open to the public and they will be serving Turkey with the Fixings, and will also include a Vegetarian Main Course.
Sandywoods invites the community to “bring yourself, your family and your friends”. Musicians are invited and encouraged to bring their instruments and take to the Sandywoods stage.
While not necessary, if you are able to, please bring along a side dish, dessert, or beverages to share.
If you are unable to attend, but would like to donate towards the success of this community event, you are invited to donate food, or make a financial contribution towards the cost of the free dinner.
Most of the food preparation and cooking will be done on Wednesday, the 25th, in the Sandywoods Incubator Kitchen. If you would like to help out on that date, please contact them via email or the phone numbers above.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson