As we make our way quickly towards the beginning of October and Columbus Day, many restaurants (particularly among the waterfront) are preparing to call it a season and close during the off-season until next spring.
While a lot of the restaurants who close it up for the winter wait until Columbus Day Weekend or after the Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival, some have already battened down the hatches.
The What’sUpNewp Crew has started to compile a list of when Newport’s beloved seasonal restaurants will close, try to make your way in before they do and say thanks for the summer memories!
Also, many seasonal restaurants have already cut the amount of days or hours they’re open so before you make your way over to them, it’s best to give them a call!
- Atlantic Beach Club – While live music on the patio has ended, the patio is still open throughout the rest of summer and early fall (weather depending). The restaurant (inside) will continue to operate through the remainder of the year before closing just after New Year’s Eve and will re-open under new ownership.
- Belle’s Cafe – Closed for season on December 18th
- Christie’s – Closed, unknown when/if they will reopen.
- Clarke Cooke House – Summer Sushi ends on September 27th
- Flo’s in Middletown – Open Thursday – Sunday until Thanksgiving.
- Landing Restaurant- Will close after Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival (October 17-18).
- Lobster Bar – Will closes for winter after Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival (October 17-18).
- Marina Cafe & Pub – Will close on October 12th for winter.
- Perry Mill Tavern – Closed, will reopen in Spring 2016 under new ownership and name.
- Port Restaurant – Last day will be October 18th.
- Rhumbline – Closed permanently.
- Smokehouse – Will close on October 12th for winter.
- Top Of Newport (Roofdeck at Hotel Viking) – Closed for season
- Vanderbilt Grace Rooftop – Last day is October 12th.
- Yesterday and The Place – Will close for good on September 26th.
This list will certainly grow, be sure to check back often for new and updated information.
Reminder Newport Restaurant Week is quickly approaching, make reservations at your favorite restaurant or one that you’ve never been to, now!
Featured photo of Smokehouse, provided by Newport Restaurant Group.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup