Atlantic Beach Club, an Aquidneck Island institution since the late 1920’s, will soon see an end to its long and storied journey.
After almost 90 years of being in operation, it was announced on February 19th that LONGWOOD, a leader in special events and destination venues, would be purchasing the Atlantic Beach Club and opening it as a new waterfront wedding venue, the Newport Beach House, in 2016.
This is Longwood’s second venue in Newport, following the success of Belle Mer, which opened in 2006 and was named one of best venues in America for 2015.
While design work is already underway, the renovation and conversion of the iconic property will begin in early 2016. The rhythm will remain unchanged and still run by current management for the remainder of 2015, LONGWOOD will take over operations of the property in January, 2016.
The Atlantic Beach Club Restaurant will continue to operate through the end of 2015.
With all that said, this is it – there’s less than one month of live music and epic fun left on the iconic patio of the Atlantic Beach Club. Roomful Of Blues is the last band scheduled to play on the Atlantic Beach Patio on September 7th.
Get to the Atlantic Beach Club Patio on one of these last few weekends of Summer 2015, cheers to one last Astro Bomb!
Remaining Atlantic Beach Club Patio Schedule
Friday Shows: 4:30pm – 7:30pm | Saturday & Sunday Shows: 1:30pm- 5:30pm
- Fri – Aug 14 HONKY TONK KNIGHTS
- Sat – Aug 15 WORLD PREMIERE
- Sun – Aug 16 DICK AND JANE
- Fri – Aug 21 DIESEL
- Sat – Aug 22 NEVER IN VEGAS
- Sun – Aug 23 WAYS AND MEANS
- Fri – Aug 28 HONKY TONK KNIGHTS
- Sat – Aug 29 World Premiere
- Sun – Aug 30 WORLD PREMIERE
- Fri – Sept 4 THE HONKYTONK KNIGHTS
- Sat – Sept 5 WAYZ AND MEANS
- Sun – Sept 6 NEVER IN VEGAS
- Mon – Sept 7 ROOMFUL OF BLUES
Sources:Video produced by J.Arthur & Company – www.jarthur.co
Photo by Lia Lanzo Photography at LiaLanzo.com
Story You Might Also Like: Let’s Keep It A Secret: Beautiful Places For The Ultimate Seaside Soak
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic