Authentic 19th century coaches drawn by highly-trained teams of horses will return to Newport from August 20-23, 2015, in the triennial renewal of a Weekend of Coaching, hosted by The Preservation Society of Newport County.
The public will enjoy free viewing of the colorful and historic coaches every day, as they drive through the streets of Newport and the grounds of the Newport Mansions, celebrating and preserving a century-old sporting tradition.
Below are links to maps showing the expected routes that the coaches will take on their daily drives, as well as estimated times that they will be passing or arriving at landmarks along the way. All schedules are subject to change.
Thursday, August 20, 2015
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf