Blue Rocks Market has announced that it will close down for the 2015 season on September 7th.
In 2014, Blue Rocks Market closed around October 19th. The news that the store and deli would be closing earlier than normal comes after a previous announcement at the end of July where they decided they they had to shorten their daily hours to 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Blue Rocks Market has used their Facebook Page to announce both changed and cited the reasoning due to a lack of help.
“To all of our families, Facebook friends and valued customers,
For the last seven years, the market has put in long hours to serve our customers and ensure their experience is always pleasant. This summer, we were faced with a larger than normal shortage of staff, and many have already left for the summer. After various efforts to hire new employees, we were forced to make the difficult decision of closing the store early and altering our daily hours.
Please come in and enjoy our food for the last four weeks of our season. We hope that you will bear with us, as we are doing our best to have you walk out of our store smiling.
Blue Rocks Market”
Blue Rocks Market does do event catering throughout the entire year as Blue Rocks Catering and does expect to reopen in April, 2015.
Blue Rocks Market is located at 7 Carroll Avenue.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)