Photo: Bowen’s Wharf
Entering its 7th year, Newport BridgeFest is a local, live music and music education festival that “bridges” the gap between the prestigious Newport Folk and Jazz Festivals for a continuous 10 days of music in our community.
This year’s festival dates are Monday July 27 through Thursday July 30, 2015, here’s the full Newport BridgeFest Schedule…
- 8 AM: Music & Yoga at Island Moving Company featuring live music by Lois Vaughan and EBB & FLOW instructor Katie Moorhead.
- 10:30 AM: Redwood Library and Athenaeum Educational Event: Children’s Musical Story Hour
- 11 AM – 7 PM: BridgeFest Arts & Crafts Fair @ Trinity Church featuring food, music & shopping. Music by The Met School, Rory & Ric, Graham Gibbs & John Hillman.
- 4 PM: Newport Galleries presents Music In The Galleries featuring La Merchante et le connard @ Arnold Art Gallery
- 4:30 PM: Amy, The Amy Winehouse Story screening at Jane Pickens Theater & Event Center. $10.
- 6 – 8 PM: Celebrate Jazz @ Queen Anne Square with The Four Agreements. Rain location: Jimmy’s Saloon.
- 6 – 10 PM: Busking @ Bowen’s Wharf featuring Keeping Company (6 PM) & Mike Baez (8 PM)
- 7 – 9 PM: Master Help Grasshoppers at the Jamestown Arts Center featuring Larry Lewis & Chris Monti in an open mic style workshop.
- 7:30 PM: Classical Stage @ Saint Matthew’s Episcopal Church in Jamestown featuring A Bach Celebration. Artists include Aaron Abrahamson Cote, Connie Hathaway, Lillian Hathaway, Abby Magoon and Luke Rock.
- 8 PM: Punk Night featuring SexCoffee, Nymphidels, The Dust Ruffles, Gavage & DJ Nook at The Motif Magazine Rock Stage @ Jimmy’s Saloon presented in conjunction withNarragansett Beer. 21+ event.
Enjoy The 2015 Newport BridgeFest!
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 25 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 10 – 17)
- Common Fence Music to present Dedicated Men of Zion in streaming concert
- Whalers Brewing Company to give a free keg of beer to every bar and restaurant in Rhode Island
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now