Subscribe to What’s Up Newp’s daily newsletter
Be the first to know about breaking news, articles, and updates.
Entering its 7th year, Newport BridgeFest is a local, live music and music education festival that “bridges” the gap between the prestigious Newport Folk and Jazz Festivals for a continuous 10 days of music in our community.
This year’s festival dates are Monday July 27 through Thursday July 30, 2015, here’s the full Newport BridgeFest Schedule…
MONDAY JULY 27th
- 8 AM: Music & Yoga at Island Moving Company featuring live music by Dave Passafiume and EBB & FLOW instructor Katie Moorhead.
- 10:30 AM: Redwood Library and Athenaeum Educational Event: Celebrating The Summertime with Song featuring Christopher Kavi Carbone.
- 11 AM – 7 PM: BridgeFest Arts & Crafts Fair @ Trinity Church, Newportfeaturing food, music & shopping. Music by Mark Quinn, Lee Phillips, Thatcher Harrison.
- 4:30 PM: Amy, The Amy Winehouse Story screening at Jane Pickens Theater & Event Center. $10.
- 6 PM: BridgeFest Opening Night Soiree @ Sanford-Covell Villa Marinafeaturing live music by ZanRicky, dance performance by Rhode Island’s Ballet Theatre, open bar, hors d’oeuvres, raffle, silent auction. $30/40.
- 6 – 8 PM: Celebrate Jazz @ Queen Anne Square with Barkode.
Rain location: Jimmy’s Saloon.
- 6 – 10 PM: Busking @ Bowen’s Wharf featuring John McDaid (6 PM) & The Troubles acoustic reggae/ska (8 PM)
- 7:30 PM: Classical Stage @ Saint Matthew’s Episcopal Church in Jamestown featuring Alfresco Flutes.
- 7:30 PM: The Newport Effect screening at Jane Pickens Theater & Event Center. $10.
- 7:30 PM: $5 Americana Night featuring Cannibal Ramblers, Malyssa BellaRosa, Eastern Medicine Singers 2, & Cardboard Ox at The Motif Magazine Rock Stage @ Jimmy’s Saloon presented in conjunction withNarragansett Beer. 21+ event.