Rhode Island House Representative Lauren Carson (D. Dist. 75, Newport) has released a survey to her constituents concerning issues facing the Ocean State.
Newporters can voice their opinion on important topics such as the expansion of gun safety measures, climate change and sea-level rise, broadband expansion, the impact of the Newport Pell Bridge realignment, and – of course – the COVID-19 pandemic.
Carson said, “As we enter a new session, I am excited about our new House leadership and am hopeful about coming reform in our committee processes and rules. In addition to entering a new session, we are entering uncharted territory in regard to the COVID-19 pandemic. Rest assured – I, along with my House colleagues, am continuing my work to represent the needs of my neighbors in District 75. The responses of this survey will guide my legislative work and my votes in the Rhode Island House of Representatives during this most unprecedented session.”
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record