Bridge to Fitness is holding a toy and gift drive to benefit the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center’s Santa’s Workshop!
The toy and gift drive is to benefit children of all ages throughout Newport County during the holiday season that may want to experience the joy of receiving a gift during the Holiday Season. Bridge to Fitness will be accepting new unwrapped items covering the following categories: infants/toddlers up to three years old, young children – three to six years old, young school children – seven to nine years old, older school children – 10 to 13 years old and teenagers – 13+. Gifts can range from Fisher Price type items for the youngest to Legos and more for middle aged children to gift cards for teenagers.
“The Holiday Season should be a joyous time for all and unfortunately some families may not be able to experience it due to a variety of reasons. We felt that at Bridge to Fitness we could help alleviate some of these hardships with an effort to bring joy to children and their parents through a toy and gift drive,” stated Bridge to Fitness owner Lisa Cecchi. “Being a proud mother, seeing the joy of a child opening a holiday present with a warm smile is so fulfilling to all involved and we just wanted to extend that feeling to as many families that we could. I cannot thank enough our members and non-members for their generous contributions,” she added.
The Bridge to Fitness toy and gift drive will accept donations until December 12, 2016 from 5:00 AM until 9:00 PM week days and 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM weekends. Donated items should be unwrapped in their original packaging. For more details on types of gifts to donate go to bridgetofitness.com.
Founded in 2003, Bridge to Fitness provides a comprehensive health, nutrition & fitness training environment. The facility offers members weight, core and cardio training equipment covering multiple exercise disciplines either for individual training, one-on-one personal training or through participation in a variety of group aerobics & spinning classes. bridgetofitness.com
Since 1922, the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center has continued to evolve in providing a safe and nurturing environment for the changing needs of Newport County residents who seek nutritional, educational, and social supports to improve the quality of their lives. www.mlkcenter.org
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13