- Today– Snow likely before 2pm, then snow and sleet between 2pm and 4pm, then sleet after 4pm. High near 33. East wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight –Rain and sleet, becoming all rain after 9pm. Low around 33. East wind 11 to 17 mph becoming south after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from 1 PM EST this afternoon through Wednesday morning
- Today – E winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 25 kt this afternoon. Waves 1 foot or less, then around 3 ft this afternoon. A chance of snow this morning, then snow, sleet and freezing rain this afternoon with vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight – Se winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 3 ft, building to 5 ft after midnight. Rain. Sleet in the evening. Patchy fog after midnight. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 34.0 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- The sun will rise in Newport at 6:44 am and sunset will be at 5:15 pm.
- The first high tide was at 12:21 am and the next high tide will be at 12:49 pm. The first low tide was at 5:56 am and the next low tide will be at 6:03 pm.
- Today we will have 10 hours and 31 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:59 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 7 days, lighting is 41%.
Info via the Rhode Island Broadcasters Association.
Things To Do
- 10 am – EBCAP Community Playgroup
- 4 pm – Books for Idle Hours: Nineteenth-Century Publishing and the Rise
- 5 pm – Microchip Clinic for Dogs & Cats at Potter League For Animals
- 5 pm & 7:30 pm – Cold War at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5:30 pm – Every Gravestone Tells a Story
Have a thought on this? Comment below...