Welcome to What’s Up Newp’s Event Calendar for Newport County!
This community events calendar is brought to you by Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant.
- This event has passed.
Touro Synagogue Grounds & Visitors Center Open for award-winning History Tours
October 17 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
One event on October 7, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on October 8, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on October 10, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on October 11, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on October 14, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on October 15, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on October 17, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on October 18, 2021 at 10:00 am
Visit the grounds of Touro Synagogue, a National Historic Site, and enjoy history presentations in the park. Explore two floors of interactive exhibits at the Loeb Visitors Center. Learn why Touro Synagogue is one of the most architecturally distinguished buildings of 18th century America and why it stands as a symbol of religious freedom for all Americans.
During October, the grounds are open to the public, Sunday, Monday, Thursday & Friday (closed Tues., Wed. & Sat).
Hours: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (last presentation at 1:30pm)
NOTE: The 2021 tour season will end on October 18 and will resume in mid-April. Last day for tours: Mon. Oct. 18
– Seated history presentations, approximately 20 minutes in length, will be given outdoors in the park, weather permitting.
– The presentation will be moved inside the Loeb Visitors Center in the event of rain.
– The fee to enjoy the grounds, history presentations and Loeb Visitor Center exhibits is $8 per person (children 12 and younger are free).
– Enter through the courtyard of the Loeb Visitors Center at 52 Spring Street, between Touro & Barney Streets.
– Current CDC COVID protocols will be followed.
– Reservations are not necessary and tickets are not available for online sale.
– The Loeb Visitors Center has fully re-opened but the Synagogue has not.
– Visitors will be shown the interior of the Synagogue from the portico.
– Please check our website and Facebook page for special events and new virtual tours.
Trace the very steps taken by members of Newport’s colonial-era Jewish community as they lived, worked and worshiped in the 1700s.
Weather permitting, Colonial Jewish walking tours will be offered on Sundays, Mondays & Thursdays at 11:15 am. The cost is $15 per person and the tour takes about one hour. The walking tour fee is reduced to $10 if you also purchase an $8 ticket for the Touro Synagogue history presentation and access to the grounds and Loeb Visitors Center. Please email email@example.com to reserve a space.
DID YOU KNOW?
-Touro Synagogue was awarded the “Travelers’ Choice Award” for 2020 by TripAdvisor, a distinction only 10% of attractions worldwide receive, based on consistently outstanding visitor reviews.
– Touro Synagogue is ranked #4 of 84 “Things to Do” in Newport, R.I. by TripAdvisor. Check out our great visitor reviews!
For a “Virtual Look” inside the buildings check out these links:
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (401) 847-4794, ext. 207.
FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM:
(Photo by Lew Keen)