Welcome to What’s Up Newp’s Event Calendar for Newport County!
- This event has passed.
Touro Synagogue Grounds Open for History Presentations in the Park & Walking Tours
July 6 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Visit the grounds of Touro Synagogue, a National Historic Site, and enjoy history presentations in the park. Learn why Touro Synagogue is considered to be one of the most architecturally distinguished buildings of 18th century America and why it stands as a symbol of religious freedom for all Americans. Colonial Jewish Walking Tours are also offered in July and August (details below).
Grounds are open to the public, Sunday through Friday, 11:00am – 2:00pm, weather permitting.
(site closed on Saturdays).
History Presentation Details:
– Seated history presentations will be given outdoors with size limitations of 15 people per group.
– Presentations are approximately 20 minutes long.
– Masks are mandatory and social distancing protocols are in place.
– Reservations are NOT necessary.
– There is NO FEE to enjoy the grounds and history presentations, but donations are most appreciated.
– Enter through the courtyard of the Loeb Visitors Center at 52 Spring Street, between Touro & Barney Streets.
Colonial Jewish Walking Tour Details:
– Walking Tours offered in July and August, between 11 am and 2 pm, when the site is open, weather permitting.
– Tours limited to 6 people per tour.
– Cost is $15 per person
– Walking Tours last approx. 45 minutes.
– IMPT: Those interested in the walking tour are asked to phone or email ahead for more information: (401) 847-4794 ext. 207 or email@example.com
NOTE: There are no on-site public bathroom facilities available as the Synagogue and Loeb Visitors Center remain closed.
For a “Virtual Look” inside the buildings check out these links: jewishhistory.com/TOURO
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (401) 847-4794, ext. 207.
(Photo by Lew Keen)
This community events calendar is brought to you by Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant.