Massachusetts Senator John F. Kennedy, the future 35th President of the United States, and Jacqueline Bouvier were married at St. Mary’s Church in Newport on September 12, 1953.
Its is estimated that between 750 – 800 guests, including many notable individuals attended the wedding on Spring Street and an additional 400 – 450 attended the reception at Hammersmith Farm.
At the time of the wedding, Senator Kennedy was 36 years old and Jacqueline was 24 years old.
In 1961, the couple would become the youngest president and first lady in American history.
All Photos From The JFK Library:
For More Visit – The Wedding of John and Jacqueline Kennedy
For More Info and Photo Visit John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances