Massachusetts Senator John F. Kennedy, the future 35th President of the United States, and Jacqueline Bouvier were married at St. Mary’s Church in Newport on September 12, 1953.
Its is estimated that between 750 – 800 guests, including many notable individuals attended the wedding on Spring Street and an additional 400 – 450 attended the reception at Hammersmith Farm.
At the time of the wedding, Senator Kennedy was 36 years old and Jacqueline was 24 years old.
In 1961, the couple would become the youngest president and first lady in American history.
All Photos From The JFK Library:
For More Visit – The Wedding of John and Jacqueline Kennedy
For More Info and Photo Visit John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour