Massachusetts Senator John F. Kennedy, the future 35th President of the United States, and Jacqueline Bouvier were married at St. Mary’s Church in Newport on September 12, 1953.
Its is estimated that between 750 – 800 guests, including many notable individuals attended the wedding on Spring Street and an additional 400 – 450 attended the reception at Hammersmith Farm.
At the time of the wedding, Senator Kennedy was 36 years old and Jacqueline was 24 years old.
In 1961, the couple would become the youngest president and first lady in American history.
All Photos From The JFK Library:
For More Visit – The Wedding of John and Jacqueline Kennedy
For More Info and Photo Visit John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum
The Latest From WUN
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health