BISSELL Pet Foundation is hosting its summer 2021 national “Empty the Shelters” adoption event July 7 – 11, 2021, a quarterly effort that has helped more than 53,742 pets find their forever homes in area shelters. During each nationwide event, BISSELL Pet Foundation helps sponsor reduced adoption fees for $25 or less per dog, cat, puppy and kitten.
This summer’s event will be hosted in more than 180 shelters in 40 states, including Middletown-based Potter League for Animals.
- Potter League for Animals will participate July 9-11, 2021 at their Animal Care & Adoption Center located at 87 Oliphant Lane in Middletown, RI, offering $25 adoption fees for cats and dogs available for adoption
- All interested adopters can find more details online at potterleague.org.
The “Empty the Shelters” event began in 2016 as an effort to encourage more families to adopt a pet into their home. Since its inception, BISSELL Pet Foundation has expanded its “Empty the Shelters” reach to organizations in 45 states and Canada, partnering with a total of 414 shelters. The goal for the summer 2021 event is to find loving homes for 4,000 pets.
“BISSELL Pet Foundation’s ‘Empty the Shelters’ events have become a valuable tool for our shelter partners to find loving families for their pets, allowing them to support their community and other shelters who struggle,” said Cathy Bissell, Founder of BISSELL Pet Foundation in a statement. “We are excited to have 40 states – the most ever – represented in our July event. Thousands of pets across the country will find forever homes, and that’s what it’s all about.”
“We are excited to participate in this national event that will lead to even more pets finding new homes. We appreciated BISSELL Pet Foundations support for homeless animals across the country.” Brad Shear, CEO of the Potter League said in a statement.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters