Actor James Kiberd was born in Providence on July 6th, 1949. He is best known for his role as Trevor Dillon on the soap opera All My Children, where he starred from 1989-2000.
Over the course of his career, Kiberd worked on other soaps including Another World and Loving. He worked closely with Kelly Ripa and soap actress Susan Keith, who he later married. Kilbred has also performed numerous theatrical roles on stage and starred in the film “A Soldier’s Heart.”
Kiberd has been a lifelong advocate for children’s issues. In 1994, he received the Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award. A year later, he was appointed the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for the United States.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters