The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for all of Rhode Island, all of Massachusetts (East of the Berkshires), and northern Connecticut.
The Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from noon today through 7 pm on Friday.
- WHAT…Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 7 inches. Highest amounts across Eastern Massachusetts.
- WHERE…Portions of northern Connecticut, all of Massachusetts east of the Berkshires, and Rhode Island.
- WHEN…From noon Thursday to 7 PM EST Friday.
- IMPACTS…Travel could be difficult at times as roads become snow-covered. The hazardous conditions could impact the Thursday evening commute.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… Slow down and use caution while traveling.
Here’s what the National Weather Service and local television stations are forecasting for accumulation.
For the latest on snow-related parking pans, cancellations, delays, and closures, visit LIVE BLOG | Snow-Related Cancellations, Closures, and Delays
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill