The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for all of Rhode Island, all of Massachusetts (East of the Berkshires), and northern Connecticut.
The Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from noon today through 7 pm on Friday.
- WHAT…Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 7 inches. Highest amounts across Eastern Massachusetts.
- WHERE…Portions of northern Connecticut, all of Massachusetts east of the Berkshires, and Rhode Island.
- WHEN…From noon Thursday to 7 PM EST Friday.
- IMPACTS…Travel could be difficult at times as roads become snow-covered. The hazardous conditions could impact the Thursday evening commute.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… Slow down and use caution while traveling.
Here’s what the National Weather Service and local television stations are forecasting for accumulation.
For the latest on snow-related parking pans, cancellations, delays, and closures, visit LIVE BLOG | Snow-Related Cancellations, Closures, and Delays