Representative Lauren Carson (D. Dist. 75, Newport) issued the following statement about her re-election campaign for House District 75.
Unofficial results from the Rhode Island Board of Elections currently has Representative Carson with 69% of the vote (3,959 votes), Republican candidate Patrick Donovan with 30,8% of the vote (1,769 votes), and 7 write in votes.
Thank you, RI House District 75 – Newport, for another opportunity to represent you in the Rhode Island State Legislature. Here’s to our efforts together to address our challenges and to share in our successes for a better quality of life.
Much has been achieved during my first three terms, but there is more work to be done. When I started my third term two years ago, I had no idea how much our lives would be changed. Similarly, as I start my fourth term, we do not know the challenges that lie ahead.
With my constituents’ needs always in mind, I will work collaboratively with my returning House colleagues as well as those newly elected. I am confident in my abilities and place in the House and I thank you for your confidence in me.
No part of our lives has been left untouched by the COVID-19 pandemic and this virus is not going anywhere soon. It has heightened my commitment to Keep Newport Moving as we recover, economically and emotionally. It is more important now than ever for us to work together.
As we adapt to new times, I am committed to thinking creatively about how we can use technology to stay connected. I want you to be part of the conversation and encourage you to please reach out to me with any concerns and questions.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now