The Rhode Island Department of Transportation today announced that they will resume work tonight on the Division Street Bridge project with a series of lane reductions on Route 4 South in East Greenwich.
Starting Wednesday, November 18, 2020 in the evening, there will be intermittent closures of one lane for bridge work from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. This pattern will be repeated on Thursday, November 19 and Friday, November 20.
The following week, the same pattern will be in place on Sunday, November 22 and Monday, November 23. Two lanes will remain open at all times during this work.
The $22.9 million Division Street Bridge project will replace the bridge deck and modify the abutments of this bridge that carries Division Street over Route 4.
Work began in August of 2019 and will be complete in fall of 2022.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill