Common Fence Music will present Aine Minogue, award-winning harpist, singer, arranger and composer in a live stream concert on Sunday, December 20 at 7 p.m. The event is free, and all tips go to the artists. A link to the online concert will be provided at commonfencemusic.org prior to show time.
Born and raised in Borrisokane, County Tipperary, Ireland, Áine Minogue has entertained Presidents and Prime Ministers, and has performed in concerts across the United States and around the world.
At the age of twelve, while at boarding school in County Galway, Áine discovered her true love – the harp. After completing school, she spent three years developing her incomparable talent as a harpist at Bunratty Castle, one of Ireland’s most treasured landmarks and the perfect setting to accentuate the harp’s emotional and lyrical connections to Irish history. She has a Master’s Degree in Traditional Irish Harp Performance from the University of Limerick, Ireland.
Aine has fifteen solo album recordings to her credit including her most recent Eve, and has been nominated for several awards for her work as a record producer. She also has collaborated on a series of music videos with filmmaker Michael Yip entitled Winter, A Celtic Meditation. Áine’s music, in varying styles including Celtic, World, Folk, Spiritual and New Age, has also been used extensively in soundtracks for PBS, NBC and other television networks. Aine’s music is on Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, and Amazon. One can follow Áine on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
This concert is sponsored in part by a generous grant from the Rhode Island State Council for the Arts.
Common Fence Music is a Rhode Island-based 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization whose mission it is to celebrate and preserve diverse folk music traditions by creating community-based opportunities for cultural exchange.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury