The Planning Board will be hosting a special Public Hearing for the proposed North End Urban Plan beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Highlighting the meeting will be a presentation by the City’s consultants, NBBJ, who will provide residents an overview of the project and answer questions.
This is a What’s Up Newp broadcast. Please follow the instructions below to participate/comment during this meeting.
Members of the public – especially those who live in the North End neighborhood – are encouraged to share their thoughts about the plan, which is available either for download on the City’s website at www.CityofNewport.com/Planning or in hard copy at the Newport Public Library.
Those interested in attending the meeting may do so via Zoom by visiting https://buff.ly/3nLaLX0 or by dialing 1 888-788-0099 and entering Meeting ID: 811 1334 7647 and Password: 1639.
Questions may also be directed in advance to Peter Friedrichs, City Planner, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail to the attention of the Planning Board at 43 Broadway Newport, R.I. 02840, or by calling (401) 845-5472.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill