If you were planning on spending your Wednesday night participating in or watching the virtual Newport City Council Meeting, you have the night off.
Tom Shevlin, Communications Officer for the City of Newport notified us that “tonight’s City Council meeting has been canceled, with an eye on rescheduling for Wednesday, Sept. 16th at 6:30!”
On Facebook, the City posted around 3:30 pm that it” has been canceled due to technical issues currently impacting our remote meeting provider”.
Among the items on the docket, the Council was scheduled to receive communication from the Planning Board regarding short-term rentals, the Council was also scheduled to consider an action related to the Abruzzi Sports Complex and the ongoing work to transition it to a basketball court and skate park.
See what was on tonight’s agenda, and what will be on the September 16th agenda, here – https://www.clerkshq.com/Content/Newport-ri/council/2020/sep09_20dk.htm
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13