Newport, RI – Newport City Council will meet for a regular Council meeting on Wednesday at 6:30 pm virtually.
UPDATE: 4:27 pm – Tom Shevlin, Communications Officer for the City of Newport notified us that “tonight’s City Council meeting has been canceled, with an eye on rescheduling for Wednesday, Sept. 16th at 6:30!”
On Facebook, the City posted around 3:30 pm that it” has been canceled due to technical issues currently impacting our remote meeting provider”.
Among the items on the docket, the Council will be receiving communication from the Planning Board regarding short-term rentals, the Council will also be considering an action related to the Abruzzi Sports Complex and the ongoing work to transition it to a basketball court and skate park.
This is a What’s Up Newp Broadcast. To participate in the meeting, you must join either through the Zoom application or by calling in to the phone number on the docket. Agenda and login information to participate in the official meeting is here https://bit.ly/32d9b7C
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free