Newport, RI – Newport City Council will meet for a regular Council meeting on Wednesday at 6:30 pm virtually.
UPDATE: 4:27 pm – Tom Shevlin, Communications Officer for the City of Newport notified us that “tonight’s City Council meeting has been canceled, with an eye on rescheduling for Wednesday, Sept. 16th at 6:30!”
On Facebook, the City posted around 3:30 pm that it” has been canceled due to technical issues currently impacting our remote meeting provider”.
Among the items on the docket, the Council will be receiving communication from the Planning Board regarding short-term rentals, the Council will also be considering an action related to the Abruzzi Sports Complex and the ongoing work to transition it to a basketball court and skate park.
This is a What’s Up Newp Broadcast. To participate in the meeting, you must join either through the Zoom application or by calling in to the phone number on the docket. Agenda and login information to participate in the official meeting is here https://bit.ly/32d9b7C
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals