Newport Police Department has announced that National Grid Gas will be working on Bellevue Ave at John St. on Monday, September 28, 2020. This work is the final concrete restoration of the roadway from recent maintenance work. The temporary asphalt will be removed and new concrete will be poured to match the existing roadway.
Bellevue Ave northbound traffic at Memorial Blvd will be detoured. Traffic Northbound on Bellevue Ave will be detoured to Spring Street and Americas Cup Ave beginning at 7am. Northbound traffic will be reopened to traffic by the end of the work day on Monday 9/28.
All businesses and residences will remain accessible. Police officers will be onsite to facilitate traffic.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13