Located in Middletown, Newport Insurance Agency is an independent agency with a staff of thirteen that serves commercial and personal lines clients throughout southern New England.
Newport Insurance, now a division of Starkweather & Shepley, will continue to service clients from its Middletown location, following the acquisition.
Established in 1879, Starkweather & Shepley is an independent agency in Rhode Island. According to its website, it is one of the 100 largest U.S brokers. The firm provides commercial and personal insurance, health and employee benefits, surety bonding, and risk management services nationally and internationally through its partnership with Assurex Global.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits