Located in Middletown, Newport Insurance Agency is an independent agency with a staff of thirteen that serves commercial and personal lines clients throughout southern New England.
Newport Insurance, now a division of Starkweather & Shepley, will continue to service clients from its Middletown location, following the acquisition.
Established in 1879, Starkweather & Shepley is an independent agency in Rhode Island. According to its website, it is one of the 100 largest U.S brokers. The firm provides commercial and personal insurance, health and employee benefits, surety bonding, and risk management services nationally and internationally through its partnership with Assurex Global.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings
- Opinion: Our seniors have earned the comfort to know we value them
- Obituary: Scott James Sawyer
- Rhode Island to eliminate residency requirement for COVID-19 Vaccination